Triple Heat Dance Participation Requirements
Your participation will be required at photo shoots within the 2018 year. These pictures are optional to purchase.
Students will have a costume for all performance classes. Instructors and studio directors decide on group costumes. Parents are responsible for the full cost of dance costumes and will only be received once they have been paid in full. Costume deposits are due in October 2017. The balance is due in the new year once invoiced t your accounts.
HAIR & MAKE-UP
Hair & Make-up is the final touch to complete a costume and is a mandatory application for all dancers participating in a stage performance. Students will receive an outline of required hair & make-up with their costumes.
STAGE ORIENTATION & DRESS REHEARSALS
It is mandatory for all students to attend stage rehearsals at the Sid William Theatre prior to Festival and the year-end show. This gives the performer an opportunity to get a feel for the stage, dancing with stage lighting and space their dance(s) prior to performing.
- Our Year End Recital is scheduled for May 24-27, 2018 at the Sid Williams Theatre.
- We eagerly accept the help of parent volunteers for costume and backstage help. A sign-up sheet will be posted in the lobby closer to the show – Pleases feel free to volunteer services at that time.
- DVD/Digital Downloads of the year end performance will have a fee of $30 and will be invoiced to each families account. The DVD’s will be ready for pick up 3-4 weeks following the show.
- Examinations in RAD Ballet take place in the fall and/or spring.
- AIDT Tap and Modern exams take place in June.
- Teachers will use their discretion as to whether or not a student or group is ready for an exam. A second year in one level may be required in order for students to properly master the work and achieve strong results
Triple Heat Dance Policies
- While placement in levels is determined mainly by age we reserve the right to place or move dancers into appropriate levels if deemed necessary by the faculty.
- Entry into ITP classes is based upon dancers meeting the minimum required ballet technique classes. Junior Level Dancers (ages 7-11) are required to take a minimum of 2 technique classes. Intermediate/Senior level dancers (ages 12+) are required to take a minimum of 3 technique classes per week.
- Intensive Program Commitment Forms must be signed and adhered to by parents and dancers in the ITP program.
- All students are expected to have excellent attendance – arriving 10 minutes before class start time. All students are required to attend stage orientations, technical and dress rehearsals in order to perform in the final Triple Heat Dance Showcase performance.
- Proper Attire and grooming is essential.
Only water bottles permitted in studios during class. All other food and drinks arerestricted to the waiting area. Please clean up after yourselves.
- Triple Heat Dance reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet minimum enrolment requirements. We will do our best to find an alternative placement.
- Classes missed by students are non-refundable and cannot be made-up. Classes cancelled by Triple Heat Dance will be rescheduled.
- Triple Heat Dance reserves the right to substitute instructors if necessary.
Classes will run on all professional development days.
Classes are not scheduled on statutory holidays, however we sometimes may still hold classes depending on the length of the holiday and upcoming events.
Monthly fees are due on the 1st or 15th of each month. Students with accounts more than 30 days in arrears will not be permitted to participate in class until fees are paid. • Costumes will not be handed out until paid in full. Costume fees are non-refundable after October 15th (ITP Students) and January 15th (G Students).
- Withdrawals/Refunds: Withdrawal from a class between September 1st and prior to May 1st for a subsequent refund requires four weeks’ written notice or a doctor’s note. No refunds on examination or festival fees, registration fees or costume fees.
- All information will be given via email. Please take the time to visit the Triple Heat Website www.tripleheatdance.com the Triple Heat Dance Facebook page and check your email regularly for information and updates. All information is also posted in the studio and we encourage you to come visit us at the office.
Intensive Training Program = *ITP* General Training Program = *G*
2017/2018 Season **Please Mark your calendars**
Sept 5th – 7th – Fall Registration Days 2 – 6pm
September 6th – Open House 5-7pm
Monday, September 11th – Classes Start!!!
Monday, October 9th – Thanksgiving (Studio Closed)
November – Dates TBA – RAD Gr. 4 and IF Ballet Exams
November 13th – Remembrance Day – studio is open
Sunday, November 19th – Christmas Parade *ITP*
December 23rd – January 7th – Winter Break (Studio Closed)
Sunday, January 28th – Stage Orientation @ Sid Williams Theatre *ITP*
February – Victoria DanceWorks Comp. (for provincial eligible soloists only) *ITP*
Monday, February 13th – Family Day – Studio Closed *ITP* and *G
February 22nd – March 4th – North Island Festival of Performing Arts *ITP*
March 5th – 7th – Synergy Dance Competition in Nanaimo *ITP*
Friday, March 9th – Festival Variety Showcase *ITP*
Saturday, March March 10th – Provincial Rep Showcase 1pm, NIFPA Dance Gala 7pm *ITP*
March 17th & 18th – Festival Photo Days *ITP*
March 24th – April 8th – Spring Break / Easter Studio Closed *ITP* and *G*
April /May – Dates TBA – RAD Gr.1, Gr.2, G.6 Ballet Exams
April 12th – 15th – Just Dance Challenge in Duncan *ITP*
April 15th – Early Registration for 2018/2019 season opens for THD Students (we will open to general public on May 1st) *ITP* and *G*
May 5th – Whole School Photo Day *ITP* and *G*
May 6th – 12th – CoreDance Competition in Nanaimo *ITP*
May 13th – Showcase 1 Technical Rehearsal at the Sid Williams Theatre *ITP* and *G* 8am – 6pm (Please keep entire day free)
Monday 14th – Showcase 2 Technical Rehearsal 1st half of show (4-8pm) *ITP* and *G*
Tuesday May 15th – Showcase 2 Technical Rehearsal 2nd half of show (4-8pm) *ITP* and *G*
SHOW WEEK! *ITP* and *G*
May 21st – Victoria Day – Studio Closed – May Day Parade in Cumberland (ITP dancers keep this day free)
May 22nd Dress Rehearsal Showcase 1
May 23rd Dress Rehearsal Showcase 2
May 24th Solo Showcase at the Sid
May 25th Showcase 1 at 7pm
May 26th Showcase 1 at 1pm & Showcase 2 at 7pm
May 27th Showcase 2 at 1pm