Policies & Procedures:
· While placement in levels is determined mainly by age we reserve the right to place or move dancers into appropriate levels if deemed necessary by the faculty.
· Monthly fees are due on the 1st or 15th of each month. Students with accounts more than 30 days in arrears will not be permitted to participate in class until fees are paid. • Costumes will not be handed out until paid in full. Costume fees are non-refundable.
· Withdrawals/Refunds: Withdrawal from a class between September 1st and prior to May 1st for a subsequent refund requires one months written notice or a doctor’s note. No refunds on examination, festival, registration or costume fees.
· Triple Heat Dance reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet minimum enrolment requirements. We will do our best to find an alternative placement.
· Triple Heat Dance reserves the right to substitute instructors if necessary.
· Classes missed by students are non-refundable and cannot be made-up. Classes cancelled by Triple Heat Dance will be rescheduled. If we are unable to reschedule classes a refund will be credited to your account.
· Classes will run on all professional development days.
· Our ITP – Intensive Training Program – requires that parents and dancers agree to commitment requirements.
· All students are expected to have excellent attendance. Dancers are required to attend stage orientations, technical and dress rehearsals in order to perform in the final Triple Heat Dance Showcase performance. Failure to meet attendance requirements could result in removal from dance choreography or classes.
· Proper Attire and grooming is essential.
· Only water bottles permitted in studios during class. All other food and drinks are restricted to the waiting and change areas. We ask that dancers clean up after themselves.
· All information will be sent via email. Please take the time to visit the Triple Heat Website www.tripleheatdance.com the Triple Heat Dance Facebook page and check your email regularly for information and updates. All information is also posted in the studio and we encourage you to come visit us at the office.
COVID-19 – Studio Safety Protocols – Fall/Winter 2020
We highly encourage our dancers to participate at photo shoots during the 2021 year. These pictures are optional to purchase.
Students will have a costume for all performance classes. Parents are responsible for the full cost of dance costumes – regardless of whether or not the class is able to perform – and will only be received once they have been paid in full. Costume deposits are due in October 2020 for ITP classes performing in competitions and January 2021 for General and ITP classes performing in our year end show. The balance is due in the new year once invoiced to your accounts.
HAIR & MAKE-UP
Hair & Make-up is the final touch to complete a costume and is a mandatory application for all dancers participating in a stage performance. Students will receive an outline of required hair & make-up with their costumes.
STAGE ORIENTATION & DRESS REHEARSALS
It is mandatory for all students to attend stage rehearsals at the Sid William Theatre prior to Festival and the year-end show. This gives the performer an opportunity to get a feel for the stage, dancing with stage lighting and space their dance(s) prior to performing.
· Our Year End Recital is scheduled for May 25th to 30th 2021 at the Sid Williams Theatre.
· We eagerly accept the help of parent volunteers for costume and backstage help. A sign-up sheet will be posted in the lobby closer to the show – Pleases feel free to volunteer.
- Examinations in RAD Ballet take place in the fall and/or spring.
- AIDT Tap exams take place in June.
- Teachers will use their discretion as to whether or not a student or group is ready for an exam. A second year in one level may be required in order for students to properly master the work and achieve strong results